Tuesday, February 9, 2010

C'ville Hits

Sometimes when I'm in my cubicle pretending to work, I like to check out what kind of jams our compatriots are kicking out. Here are a few of my favorites from the current Charlottesville awesome-music community:

I really love "The Ones Who're Awake" by Left & Right. I was sorry to have missed them at The Box last week. It must have been a great show. I was too busy being old.

Left & right's older-sister band, the Caninos, have an awesome song called "Naufragous." Also, when you search for "caninos" on myspace it asks "did you mean canibus?"

There's also "It's a Holiday" by Pompadour, who's incredible sound really helped inspire my new-found obsession with unison boy-girl vocals. (Fuck harmony!) That obsession also has a lot to do with my love for the song "Connie Francis" by The Centimeters, who are not a Charlottesville band, or even a band at all anymore, but are still worth checking out.

But really all the songs on Pompadour's myspace are great. There's a nice mix of live and studio stuff.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment